Trauma Insurance Australia

Insurance for the Living

What is Trauma Insurance? Also known as Crisis Cover or Critical Illness Cover

Trauma insurance in Australia provides a lump sum benefit if you suffer an illness or injury which is specified in the policy, such as a heart attack, cancer or stroke. It is often referred to as insurance for the living.

How is it paid?

Trauma Insurance is paid as a lump sum benefit on the diagnosis or occurrence of one of a list of specific injuries and illnesses.

What is the purpose of the cover?

The lump sum payment can:

  • pay for unexpected medical costs
  • purchase top end medical treatments
  • provide for lifestyle changes
  • provide for necessary professional care at home
  • repay large debts such as a mortgage
  • allow you to make lifestyle changes, such as reducing work hours, by providing additional income.

Types of Trauma Insurance Australia

In Australia, there are many versions of Trauma cover – the insurance companies also refer to this type of cover differently – some as Critical Illness, Crisis Cover or Recovery Benefit. The range of defined illnesses varies from insurer to insurer and policy to policy. Some insurers also including "a loss of independent living" where a person may not suffer from a specified event under the policy such as a heart attack, but now has an inability to carry out the key activities of daily living such as feeding and bathing yourself due to an illness which is not specified in the policy.

Get a Quote in 90 Seconds!

Insurers we work with:

  • AIA
  • AMP
  • Asteron
  • CommInsure
  • Macquarie
  • MLC
  • OnePath
  • TAL
  • Zurich

Compare and select the insurance plan you need.